This week ITP.net reported that an Apple Store in Zurich had to be evacuated as an iPhone battery began smoking, and now for the second time in two days another iPhone battery has exploded.
The incident occurred in Valencia, Spain where it was reported that an iPhone caught fire which led the employees in the store to cover the flames and air out the smoke. Three firefighters and police arrived at the store, however the employees managed to calm the situation. No injuries have been reported.
On Tuesday an overheated iPhone battery which began smoking forced 50 people to evacuate an Apple Store in Zurich. The smoking iPhone injured the repairman with slight burns and in need of medical treatment, along with seven other people, but no one was hospitalised.
A police statement praised the staff for responding "well and correctly," noting: "It sprinkled quartz sand over the overheated battery so that the smoke could be contained and sucked out after switching on the ventilation."
Apple recently confessed it changed the speed of the CPU on iPhone 6 and older editions, citing that it was to prevent older handsets from shutting down when completing complex tasks.